eating well and looking good for less

Monday, April 5, 2010

April 4, 2010. $9.69 at CVS

I was really disappointed with this week's CVS trip. I saw on the various message boards that a lot of people were excited about this week, but the deals were just not lining up for me. Before I got this week's P&G insert, I could not even figure out how to get my total above $25, so that I could use the $5/$25 coupon CVS emailed to me. There were TONS of sales and extra buck deals in the circular, but I personally will not buy anything that I don't need or can't use solely because it's a good deal, a freebie, or a money maker. That means, no contact lens solution, no blood glucose monitors, no ear cleansing solution, etc. I don't think it's wrong or unethical, but it's just not for me. I also prefer to do deals where the combined sale + coupon price is equal to or lower than the Extra Bucks I get in return, although that's not always necessary because they email out those great $x/$xx amount coupons. Whatever, the point is, this week had plenty of spend $5 and get $1 EB deals. Yawn.

The P&G insert definitely sweetened the deal, and I ended up finding a lot more stuff to add to my order. But my OOP was too high and the whole thing left me cold. I didn't get a great and interesting variety, no cosmetics, no shaving supplies, I didn't get to try a product which is brand new to me.

Two transactions, because the machine printed me a $3/15 coupon, so I split my order into two so that I could use both the 3/15 and the 5/25. Still using CVS gift card.

First transaction
Spent: $2.21
Saved: $23.50

one box of Natural Instincts hair dye
two bottles Pantene 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner
one bottle of Listerine Smart Rinse, 500 ml

$3/Natural Instincts, $3/2 bottles of Pantene, $1/Listerine. Used $2 in Extra Bucks from last week, $2 in quarterly EB, and $3/15 coupon. Earned back $5 in Extra Bucks.

Second transaction
Spent: $7.57
Saved: $38.83

one tube Colgate Total Advanced toothpaste
two bottles Head & Shoulders shampoo
two bottles H&S conditioner
one Skintimate shaving lotion
three boxes GE Reveal lightbulbs

35c off on the Colgate. Buy shampoo get conditioner free on the H&S, no coupon for the Skintimate, $1/1 (x3) for the lightbulbs. Used $5 in EB from the previous transaction, $5/25 coupon. Earned back another $8 in EB.

All in all, I spent $9.69, saved $62.33, and earned $13 in EB, $8 of which I have left for next week.

The balance on my $25 GC is down to $1.84. *sob* But, I have my EB, which means I still have a total of $9.84 in CVS money, and we have another prescription to fill so hopefully we'll get another $25 GC with that.

So far, I have spent $23.16 worth of GC money and used it to buy $234.41 worth of merchandise. Looks like next week will be my last week with the GC, unless I get a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment