eating well and looking good for less

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally, lasagna.

Yes, I finally made up two pans of lasagna this afternoon. One has mushroom and spinach, and the other has smashed up meatballs in the sauce, for a slightly meaty lasagna. I do not know why I did this. I grew up on no-meat lasagna, and think meaty lasagna is kind of weird. I guess I just didn't want to waste the few meatballs and the bit of sauce left over from yesterday's dinner. Anyway. I'm going to bake one for dinner tonight, the veggie one, I think, and put the other in the freezer for later.

Here's the weird thing: I bought two boxes of Shop Rite brand lasagna noodles last week, because I didn't have any in my stockpile. The noodles in the first box were at least a full inch longer and half an inch wider than the noodles in the second box. Isn't that weird? Isn't there some kind of international lasagna noodle standardization commission, which oversees the production of all lasagna noodles and ensures that they are all little noodly clones of each other? ...What do you mean, no? Well. Guess that explains my wackadoodle noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment