eating well and looking good for less

Monday, January 17, 2011

Glad my kid is not old enough to have pride yet...

...because today we went to the thrift store, and it was GREAT. He's just had a growth spurt, and none of his clothing fits anymore. The thrift store was having a sale today, 33% off everything in the store. We spent just under $25, and got two sets of pjs, one long sleeved shirt, one t-shirt, four pairs of pants (including a like-new pair of jeans from Gymboree, a pair of like-new sweats, and a couple of pairs of lined winter pants), a brand new with tags sweater for me, a picture frame, and a roll of ribbon, which I thought would make a cute dog collar. I am wearing my new sweater; it's beautiful and very warm. It was the single most expensive thing we bought, at $8.64. Unheard of thrift store pricing! But did I mention, new with tags, beautiful, warm?

I saw a couple of brass lamps that I strongly considered buying, in order to paint and refinish, but I couldn't decide. They were a little bit expensive (well, for the thrift store, anyway), and they both needed new shades. One needed a new finial, and the other needed a new harp, which is not a big deal, but I seem to collect unusable project lamps, and then never actually finish the project, so I dunno. I figured that I would come home, think it over, and if I still wanted them later/tomorrow, head back and see if they were still there. I keep thinking about them; maybe we should go back after dinner.

I was going to make a pan of lasagna for dinner, and an extra one for the freezer, but the cheese was in the new chest freezer, and I keep forgetting exactly how long it takes to thaw food that been stored at twenty below. The cheese has been sitting out for hours, and it's still frozen solid! Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment