eating well and looking good for less

Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13, 2010. 33c worth of beauty supplies


I stopped off CVS this morning to pick up a few items that I'd chosen not to buy earlier in the week. I really wanted mascara and eyeliner, since I have absolutely none, and I had a couple of b1 pore strip g1 facial cleanser free coupons, and CVS emailed me a $5 off $30+ purchase coupon that expires tomorrow. But I don't like to use ECB on items that won't give me any more ECB in return, and my face is horribly sensitive to almost everything that I put on it. On the other hand, next week's CVS circular doesn't have anything of interest to me in it, and the one after that isn't looking too hot either. If a free cleanser doesn't work for me, it's no big loss. And it's probably better to spend the ECB on a couple of things I wanted, than to hold onto them and use them on stuff I don't really want, or to risk them expiring.

I pondered the question and decided that I could buy a few things at CVS, as long as I kept my out-of-pocket costs very very low. I would say I succeeded!



CVS: 33c
Savings: $47.96

two Biore pore strips
one Biore 4-in-1 self foaming cleanser
one Biore steam activated cleanser
one Almay mascara
one Almay eyeliner
one caramel candy (not pictured cause I ATE IT ALL UP mwah ha ha ha ha!!!)

Actually, I had 2c overage on this, and the cashier was just going to adjust the value of my last coupon down two cents, but I decided to buy myself a caramel candy instead. I don't know how that works. I don't want to lose two cents so instead I pay them 33c. Umm... It was a very yummy caramel candy, I have to say. Since I bought the caramel, my savings percentage went from 100% to merely 99.87%.

Almay was on sale for B1G1 free. I had two $1 off any Almay cosmetics coupons. The Biore pore strips were on sale for $5.99, and I had the coupons to get the cleanser for free. Another happy occurence: most of the cleansers and pore strips had either $1 off one or $2 off two coupons attached. I used the peelie stuck to the front of one of the boxes I bought, for another $2 off there. Then I used $8.99 of my ECB, leaving only $4 for the toothpaste deal in a couple of weeks. If anything really good comes up, I guess I'll have to roll some ECB deals to get my little stack of CVS monopoly money built up again.

(The packages of all those items looked a whole lot better before I took my cloth bag, bunched it up into a tiny ball, and stuffed it in my purse so that it wouldn't get all wet in the monsoon rains we've got going on out there! I didn't buy a bunch of items that looked like they got dumped on the floor and trampled. I made them look like that myself.)

I am starving! I am too hungry to cook! I am too hungry to even decide what I want to eat! How about, umm... cereal?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment