eating well and looking good for less

Friday, March 12, 2010

March 9, 2010. $33.51 worth of groceries.


I was not even planning on going to the supermarket today, but my husband fell asleep on the train and missed his stop, so I had to go pick him up. He was waiting in the parking lot of one store, and the other store I wanted to visit some time during the week was further south on the same road, so I figured it made sense.

Two stores. $33.51.



Acme: $12.62
Savings: $28.85
five boxes of Fruit Roll Ups
four bottles of Ken's Salad Dressing
four bottles of Diet Coke
four Penn Maid cottage cheeses

This trip was really frustrating, because I wanted some Mission tortillas to use with my dinner, which was waiting at home alone without us and it was 8 PM and did I mention that I didn't want to leave the house at all but had to pick up the guy who fell asleep on the train? Oops. They didn't have any, so I decided it wasn't a big deal, and I would buy some at the next store. Then I gave the fruit snacks to my husband to ring up separately, since they were supposed to trigger a $3.50 OYNO catalina, which I wanted to use on the rest of the items. The cashier rung everything up all at once while I was distracted and still putting the rest of my items on the belt, so I couldn't use the cat on the rest of the purchase. Still, paid $3 for all those fruit snacks, got a $3.50 cat for future use. Yeah!

We left, with me complaining and being unfairly snappy over it, because I was tired and hungry and grumpy. Drove to second store.

Pathmark: $20.89.
Savings: $49.84

two boxes of Natural Instincts hair dye
two packages of Light & Fit yogurt
six boxes of Green Giant frozen peas
four boxes of Green Giant frozen corn
two bags of McCain steak fries
one package Mission Tortillas
four pints International Delight coffee creamer

The best find here was the hair dye! I got all my frozen and refrigerated stuff and was heading towards checkout when I looked over at the discount rack and saw the boxes of hair dye sitting there. There were three in my favorite dark purply red shade, and they 50% off their original price of $8.99, plus I had a coupon in my binder for $5 off when you buy two. That made them $1.99 a box! Happy happy.

Do you think I should put the prices I paid and the coupons I used in these posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment