eating well and looking good for less

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30. $13.46 of foooooooood

DSC_0241

It's been raining all day long, and as a result I was stuck indoors with a bored, tired three year old who couldn't manage to take a nap alllllllllll day long (until 5 PM, which means he is awake right now. augh). When my husband got home, I was like, "We have to go out! Now! Let's go!"

First we went to Acme, because I have a little over half a bottle of coffee creamer left.


Spent: $4.54
Saved: $22.11

Pasta: free, with two 75c off coupons from the Ronzoni site. Coffee-mate: free, with two 75 off coupons from the Coffee-mate site and one $1/2 from one of the inserts (I think it was last week's RP?). The Coffee-mate was on sale for $1, and I wasn't sure if I would get the 50c overage from the 75c coupons doubling, but I did, so the overage covered the cost of the other two Coffee-mates. Ziploc: sadly unfree, but I did have 55c qs which fully doubled, and buying three triggered a $2 OYNO cat. Not really a moneymaker deal, but you can always use more freezer bags, right? Well, maybe you can't, but I could.

Pathmark.

Spent: $8.92
Saved: $25.50

Two containers of sour cream, twelve cans of pineapple, three boxes of frozen green beans, and a packet of cumin seeds. I use cumin in everything, apparently, and I ran out last week. All my food tastes different! I got a catalina for $1/6 cans of pineapple. I just redeemed four coupons for $1/3; they could at least try to beat that!

Total savings: 78%. I'm getting so jaded. I didn't save in excess of 80% and, that makes me feel a little disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment